6/24/09

Why Do I Exist?


As soon as I woke up this morning, God spoke to my heart. I have decided to share it with you.

I exist for Him. I don't exist for any other reason.

We exist only for God. We don't exist to take our kids to soccer. We don't exist to clean our homes. We don't exist to go to work.

For His glory... for His pleasure... that is why we exist.

Revelation 4:11 ... for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created.

Philippians 2:13 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

The most interesting part of this story of God speaking to my heart is that just about an hour and a half before I woke, my husband had prayed that God would reveal this very thing to me! God has been speaking this to my husband's heart and he wanted God to speak it to my heart too.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

This is so true and how beautiful that God used your husbands prayers to speak this to you!
P.S. Thanks for commenting on my blog today. It sounds like God is speaking to you in a lot of areas.Very exciting! I needed to hear about the complaining thing. I told a friend recently concerning something I was going through, I was probably not going to get a reward for any of the hard work it involved, because of all my complaining. When we I learn. I'm tired of going around that mountain!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...