7/21/09

Sabbath Rest

Jesus rested... so my thought is, if the creator of the universe needed to rest shouldn't we? Besides the fact that God said in the Old Testament, to rest! Take a Sabbath rest.

I've been reading Exodus (for a while now!) and found this:



Exodus 23: 12 Six days you are to do your work, but on the seventh day you shall
cease from labor so that your ox and your donkey may rest, and the son of your
female slave, as well as your stranger, may refresh themselves. NASB


One of the reasons for a Sabbath rest is to refresh! Oh, shall I take a Sabbath every day? Just kiddin.

We (Dream Latte and I) have to be creative with our "rest". Since he preaches, teaches and ministers and I lead, minister and support him on Sundays, we have to split our rest up. We rest between services on Sunday and part of the day on Monday. When we rest, we literally rest. For us, rest isn't going here and there. Rest isn't doing a bunch of work until we are tired. Sometimes we even zonk out! After Dream Latte preaches he just about passes out!

So, how do you and your family take a Sabbath rest?
P.S. When we get our own home again someday, the first thing I want to get is a huge hammock for my husband and I to lay in! Ooooo, I can't wait!! I've wanted one of these my whole life!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I love my Sunday afternoon nap. When the kids were small I learned real quick that letting the neighbor kids know the kids couldn't have company on Sundays was a great way to keep them from knocking on the door all day so that we could actually have a day of rest. I love having an excuse to actually rest one day a week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...