7/21/09

WFMW (Works For Me Wednesday) Fix My 'Want To'



I've had people comment to me that they don't read their Bible or don't have the desire for God. They just don't have a "want to". Just the thought of starting those two things sounds like a monumental task! Well, I'm here to tell you that it's not!

Don't have a desire for God? Ask Him to fix your "want to"!! It's that simple. Just tell Him the truth. After all, it's not like He doesn't know!

Want to start reading your Bible everyday? Start with one verse. Don't go to bed without reading that verse. Eventually, your desire to read more than one verse will grow!

I started off reading a Couple's Devotional Bible (you can get it for as low as .25 cents on Amazon). Throughout it are nice little devotions with a verse at the top. I would read that verse and then I started to have the desire to read the verses around that verse.

Want more WFMW tips? See We Are That Family!

2 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

Great post! I think ordering a new bible is in order!

:)

Susannah said...

You have some wonderful (easy!) tips here. We should do them all!

Thanks for stopping by Susannah's Aprons.

When you get a chance, come visit me at Chrysalis too, my webzine for thinking Chrisian Moms.

Have a blessed day,

e-Mom
http://susannahsaprons.blogspot.com
http://chrysaliscom.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...