10/20/09

This is what I found in Scripture today

I was cracking UP!

I was reading along in Numbers 11. I am REALLY liking Numbers but then I do LOVE the OT.

I came to the part where the Israelites were complaining that they didn't have any meat to eat. They were reminiscing about how GRAND life was in Egypt when they were slaves.

And then I saw this:

God said, you want meat? I'll give you meat...

vs 19-20
"You shall eat, not one day, nor two days, nor five days, nor ten days, nor
twenty days, but a whole month, until it comes out of your nostrils..."


I was cracking up! Ok, how does meat come out your nostrils? When you throw it up!!! God was going to give them so much meat that they were going to barf! EWWWWW!

I know, not the most uplifting section of Scripture. BUT it was funny! I love finding weird things in the Bible.

3 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

That is great! Too funny!

I'll have to save that to use on my hubby and son when I am having a "vegetarian" moment :) They love their meat! Me, I like meat but could live with out it.


God does have a sense of humor---dry and honest--I love it!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Oh, I love finding obscure things like that in the Bible! Just goes to show there's always something "new" to be found even after reading it over and over all these years.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

ok, that was good ... funny and so GOD ... sometimes our whining to the LORD can really back fire ...lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...