3/20/10

Friends... again!

Ok, I am going to harp on this friend thing a little longer.  Bear with me!

In order to save money, I cut my own hair.  Actually, I do a lot of things to save money.  (See my coupon blog: The Goody Box)  While I'm cutting my hair, the quiet is deafening.  I have a good amount of time (because I'm not a professional) to think about things. 

I got to thinking about my childhood friend.  We started being friends in 4th grade and were pretty close up until we were about 24.  I think of a lot of things when I think of her but one thing that stands out in my mind is something that looks like this:

Yes, that's right.  This Pastor's wife used to go clubbing!  (Not one of the proudest times in my life.)  Did we have fun?  Absolutely!  Did I do wrong things?  Absolutely.  (That's what I'm not proud of!) 

...Back to the haircut.  I began thinking about my childhood friend Jenny.  I was thinking of inviting her to my coupon party and thought that I should call her this evening.  Not 15 minutes later, she called me!!!!!

I was cracking up!  We have talked, maybe, 3 times in the last year.  The last time was about 3 months ago. 

I hope to rebuild our friendship.  With God's help, we can build a better one than it ever was. 

Maybe this will be us one day:

4 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

That rocks! Love those kind of friendships!

Praying! and coupon blog--how did I not know?

Sarah said...

I cut my hair too!

You have a zest for life, and I need your help. I invite you to come and get a bit joyful with me. There has been a serious lack of enjoying life in our home over the past few years. I'm busting out, and wanting you to join me, share your ideas, help me start something for others to join in.

Learnin' Livin' Lovin' life,
Sara

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I love it...May God continue to bless you and your blog. God bless, Lloyd

momtofivekids said...

That's awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...