11/8/10

Little Luxuries ~ Are they really little?


For a couple of months now, my kitchen has been A MESS!  We haven't had the little luxury of  a dishwasher.  Most people don't even think twice about loading that little luxury box with dirty dishes, pulling them out when they are clean, and then putting them away. Most people, that is.

You may know that we moved into a farmhouse from the 1800's.  Since it is a rental house, it didn't have a dishwasher.  (I assume that's why.)  Well, it just so happens that I DO have a dishwasher.  This is the SAME dishwasher that my FIL put in the laundry room when we were living in his basement.  (You can read more about that here.)  Needless to say, after we moved out, it was still connected and hooked up down there since we didn't need it at the newer house.  (Yes, I've moved 3 times in 2 1/2 years!)

Well, my husband decided to be a super man and put it in for me on Saturday!  Yeah!!!  (Didn't you hear me shoutin for JOY?)

After using the dishwasher for the first time, I was amazed at how clean the kitchen was!

Meanwhile, I met a lady through my homeschool blog.  She lives in India in a mud hut!  She is a BEAUTIFUL Christian and Pastor's wife.  After seeing a picture of her mud hut with she and her two precious babies in front of it, I thought about the little luxury box that was installed into my kitchen on Saturday.

For most people, it's just a dishwasher.  To me, because of my new friend, it's a luxury box.

Blessings to you, your kitchen, and my new friend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...