1/27/11

I Am Raising My Kids With God





Children are a blessing from the LORD!  It is only in His power that any child can grow up to be anything like Jesus.


I am not raising my kids to be happy.  I am raising them to have the true joy of the LORD.


I am not raising my kids with the ultimate goal of going to college to find a job.  I am raising them to walk in the path (including career choice) that God has chosen for them.  My ultimate goal isn't that they will choose an awesome job, but that they know how to function and thrive in a family.  They will be wonderful husbands and fathers.

I am not raising my kids to be "church goers."  I am raising my kids to be leaders and servants in the church.


I am not raising my kids to know how to deal with peer pressure.  I am raising them to use Godly wisdom.

I am not raising my kids to learn to "do a good deed."  Doing good for others is a lifestyle.

I am not raising my kids to think that anything has to be fair.  Favor ain't fair!

I am not raising my kids to pursue the best that the world has to offer.  We are all about God's best!  That's much better!

I am not raising my kids to make sure their church has something for them.  I am raising my kids to know where the Holy Spirit is moving and be a part of it!

I am not raising my kids to follow anyone.  Jesus Christ is the ultimate leader!  We choose to follow only Him.

I am not raising my kids to look out for number one.  God is their number one!

I am not raising my kids to survive the world.  I'm raising them to change it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...