3/3/11

Suffering from depression?

Depression
I've been there.
I know what it feels like to feel hopeless.
Helpless.
Like there's no light at the end of the tunnel.
Like death is an option.
Like running away could be a solution.

The voices you are hearing are not your own.
They tell you that you are fat.
They tell you that you are ugly.
They tell you that you are worthless.
They tell you that nobody would miss you if you died.

LIES.  All LIES!
The enemy hunts you down.
The enemy lies to you in your own voice.
You think those thoughts are yours but they're his (the evil one).

Believe GOD!
You must replace those thoughts.
As soon as they come in, you must kick them out.
Memorize the Word of God.
Know it.
Breathe it.
Eat it.
Speak it out loud.
Pray it.
Then, live it.

David (in the Bible) suffered from depression among other things. The following verses are from the Psalms.
 I have 2 versions for you.  The first is New American Standard and the second is New Living which is easier to read.

Psalm 116 (NASB various verses)

I love the LORD, because He hears

My voice and my supplications.

Because He has inclined His ear to me,

Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.

The cords of death encompassed me

And the terrors of Sheol came upon me;

I found distress and sorrow.

Then I called upon the name of the LORD:

"O LORD, I beseech You, save my life!"

Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;

Yes, our God is compassionate.

The LORD preserves the simple;

I was brought low, and He saved me.

Return to your rest, O my soul,

For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.

For You have rescued my soul from death,

My eyes from tears,

My feet from stumbling.

I shall walk before the LORD

In the land of the living.


Psalm 116 (NLT various verses)

I love the Lord because he hears my voice

and my prayer for mercy.

Because he bends down to listen,

I will pray as long as I have breath!

Death wrapped its ropes around me;

the terrors of the grave overtook me.

I saw only trouble and sorrow.

Then I called on the name of the Lord:

“Please, Lord, save me!”

How kind the Lord is! How good he is!

So merciful, this God of ours!

The Lord protects those of childlike faith;

I was facing death, and he saved me.

Let my soul be at rest again,

for the Lord has been good to me.

He has saved me from death,

my eyes from tears,

my feet from stumbling.

And so I walk in the Lord’s presence

as I live here on earth!

 
depression photos credit
joyful woman photo credit

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...