4/1/11

Remember when I said...





I want, I want, I want?  I wrote a post called, "I Want, I Want, I Want... Sound Selfish?" 

I wrote that post for the purpose of putting the words out there.  Speaking my desires and having faith in God to provide them.  I know that we are not guaranteed that God will fulfil our every whim.  I know that He isn't a genie in a bottle.

BUT I also know that God wants to bless His children.  I also know that obedience is directly linked to blessing.  I also know that we "have not because we ask not."  I also know that when you live a life of obedience and a life full of faith, you please Him. 

So, I put it out there... and He responded.  I wast tempted to delete it.  I didn't want my motives judged by my readers.  I didn't want people to only look at the words and not know the life that I live.  But, I left it.  I left it because I care more about what God wants.  I knew that according to God's Word, our words have power.

Like I said, He responded.  After waiting 7 months in the farm house, a temporary place, God has provided exactly what I asked for in faith.  Exactly.  We have found a place to live.  It is not temporary.  This place has more space than we even need for our family of 4.  It has everything that I listed and then some!

Praise the LORD!  We will be moving again (3 times in 2 school years) in just a few weeks. 

I am so thankful that God cares.  He listens when we ask.  He responds when we unlock the door with the obedience key.  (The Blessing of an Obedient Life)

Matthew 7:11 (NLT)

So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.

Deuteronomy 28:2

And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the LORD your God

James 4:2
You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask.

Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...