Butterflies | Forward this Picture
You might be wondering, "What's over? Ovaaaaaar sounds like you are celebrating something!"
Well, our family has been through a lot. All for our own good and growth, and I praise God for ALL of it! He has shown how faithful He is over and over again and now a whole new chapter has started and the last chapter is ovaaaaaaaar!
Here is a small list (just the highlights) of trials:
- Left dream Victorian home for full time ministry
- Left a great paying job for half of the money
- Owed $24,000 in credit
- Left our home church
- Suffered at the hands of evil men for 5 years
- Left that ministry and started one from nothing
- Lived in MIL's basement for 22 months (homeless)
- Had no income for several months
- Car broke down ~ no $, no car, no home
- Lived for a whole year on less than $12,000 with no government assistance
- While homeless, old Victorian home was illegally taken (Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae scandal) and had to declare bankruptcy (not a proud moment but couldn't help it)
A New Beginning:
Now, why did I give you a highlight of all our woes? So I could show you how God turned them all into blessings!
- Learned how to take huge steps of faith and sacrifice "the American dream" for God, ministry, and others
- Leaving a lot of money is a faith step ~ depending on God for needs and wants ~ learned to hear His voice
- Used a large sum of money (from 1st job) to pay off credit cards (and cut them up!)
- Learned how to feel "at home" in any church and how to be leaders
- Persevered through persecution, learned a lot about ourselves and able to discern evil spirits
- Learned how to plant a church and start brand new ministries
- Grew Spiritually under pressure and became different people
- Now able to identify with poor and homeless ~ have a HUGE heart for their needs
- Very grateful for everything we have ~ it changed our lives
- Learned how to live frugally and make due with what we have ~ resourceful!
- Depended on God and His provision ~ saw all kinds of miracles
- Lastly, we learned what not to do! We can understand what people are going through. We can help them in their financial hard times. God is restoring to us 7 fold what the devil stole! I'm all for that!
So, now the big reveal.... drum roll please... two days ago, we paid off our car 3 months early and are now completely debt free. We don't owe anyone anything!
It CAN BE done! You can do it too! There is a recipe for becoming debt free. I will share that with anyone willing to listen.
Watch God work! We have lived in obedience to God and He rewards that!
Romans 13:8Owe nothing to anyone--except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God's law.
Hebrews 11:6And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
I believe God's Word. It IS truth.