5/16/12

Gifts on Mother's Day




In my last post about Mother's Day, I mentioned what gift I had received.  Ashley left this comment and I thought I'd thank her by turning my answer into a post!  Thank you Ashley!

Ashley Pichea said...
Are gifts supposed to be exchanged on Mother's Day?? :) We're not big on gifts in our family, so we exchange greetings and spend time together.
Time is a BEAUTIFUL gift in itself! 

...to answer your question: I suppose gifts can be exchanged during any holiday if you so choose.  I also suppose that one doesn't even have to "celebrate" Mother's Day considering it's not one of God's appointed times.  Another thing it may depend on is a person's spiritual gifting.  If they are a "giver" let them "give liberally."  We have MANY givers in our family!

Even God likes to give good gifts! Matt 7:11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!


I also mentioned that I would tell you what I got to give on Mother's Day.  Well...
We had an absolutely lovely time spending all day together serving the Lord, worshiping, eating dinner, and visiting my ailing grandparents. It was a blessed day...an exhausting day... but a blessed day!


Thank you for your question, Ashley!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...