I posted a while back about saving money on groceries. I am still on a quest to do so without couponing. I have so much I want to do (like making/selling handmade jewelry!) that doesn't involve sitting for hours cutting coupons and matching them to ads. I know others have GREAT success with couponing as did I a couple of years ago but I am looking for alternative ways of saving.
Here are some things I have done and have been successful with so far:
- Made a price book (which I will share with you later) for each store I shop at.
- Made a customized shopping list.
- Started using a budget!!!! That's right! And guess what? It's not a bad thing. It's really good! Talk about FREEDOM! (More about that later as well.)
- If I see a sale item while shopping, I check my price book and determine if it is a good buy. If it is, I stock up and purchase several.
- When meat is on sale, and the deal is too good to pass up, I purchase a lot and freeze it.
I also do most of these tips from: Posh On a Budget Saving Money On Groceries
What do you do to save on groceries?
photo credit: onkel_wart (thomas lieser) via photopin cc