7/9/14

Words matter... they sink deep...


What I say
What I think
Makes a difference in my life.

I had a dream last night. I was sitting in a restaurant with an old friend at a table with some people who were strangers.

Two of the people in that group were swearing like crazy. One man. One woman.

As my friend and I were trying to catch up after not seeing each other for years, we couldn't help but hear the constant swearing.

I finally couldn't take it anymore and told the people that my friend and I are leaving because every word of what they were saying was going into my spirit and piercing it.

To my surprise and to theirs, the two people looked at each other and admitted that they didn't like it either! They admitted that they were each swearing because the other one swears.

Then, very graciously, they decided to leave the table so I wouldn't have to.

All of this to say, I woke up and had an even stronger awareness that the words I say and THINK (the meditation of my heart) are very important and impact my spirit. My words and thoughts need to be acceptable to my spirit and the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...